5 out of 6 of these 90's kids think its delicious.
Unfortunately, It's also loaded with unhealthy saturated fats, cholesterol, and likely anti-biotics and growth hormones.
So what's a vegan to do when she has gluten free noodles, some omnivorous and wheat challenged friends, and something to prove?
Vegan Gluten Free Mac and Cheese obviously.
This was previously a secret recipe, but I'll reveal it in honour of my friend Blake, who doesn't believe it's possible. I don't post measurements because I don't think they matter, do whatever you want.
YOU NEED:
Pasta (I used corn/quinoa elbows)
Earth Balance, Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
Miso Paste
A Splash of non-dairy milk (I used hemp!)
IF YOU ARE FEELING SPECIAL AND FANCY YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
Pecans
Cheddar Daiya Shreds
Fresh Rosemary (from your garden, bitch)
HERE IS WHAT YOU DO:
Cook Pasta
Put and stir the remaining ingredients in a pot over medium heat in this order: oil, nooch, milk, miso.
Ok?
Stir it until you think it's probably stirred enough, and then stir it a little bit more.
Hopefully by this time your pasta is cooked, and you've strained it and put it in a casserole dish.
Put the sauce on the pasta. If you are feeling special and fancy, put the special fancy ingredients on now.
Bake until the daiya is melty and the pecans are toasty.
Or until whenever you feel like, really.
You probably won't get food poisoning, its vegan after all.
Eat.
Sidenote:
I did have pictures of this but they wen't mysteriously missing from my phone.
Sawwy.
If you want something to spread on bagels, my next post will be about Raw Cashew Cheese
Time in Melbourne: 2:30pm Tomorrow

No comments:
Post a Comment