PHILOSOPHY
Think inside the box
Lentil as Anything is a unique not for profit community organisation. At our core are the pay as you feel restaurants where customers give what they feel the food is worth and have the opportunity to donate towards the philosophy.
We would love to welcome you as part of our community. We extend our hospitality offering you vegetarian cuisine cooked with love and gratitude. Our unique financial model functions independent of any government funding and we rely on your generosity in order to pay our rent, utilities, wages and stock.
Make an agreement with your conscience on what is reasonable, how much you enjoyed your food, our philosophy and our community. Be part of a unique financial model that is centred on the values of trust, generosity and respect that gives people the opportunity to eat out and be social regardless of their financial situation."
Lentil as anything has a really unique business model and 3 locations in melbourne. They serve all 3 meals, breakfast is to order and lunch and dinner are buffet style. Lentil thirves on community support and volunteer efforts.
I ate there on monday night and it was the first proper meal I'd eaten since I arrived in Melbourne. It was fantastic and warm and wholesome. Lentil (like a lot of Aussie places) allows you to bring your own liquor into the restauraunt. So me and some people from the Nunnery (a highly reccomended hostel, btw) brought some cheap aussie wine and had an awesome meal.
Since I enjoyed the atmosphere and the concept (and the food!) so much I decided to sign up to work a few volunteer shifts this week before I leave Fitzroy.
If you are in Melbourne you should check this place out!
Love love love.
No comments:
Post a Comment