I don't know if I could live 12 days without satay, so I adapted this recipe from The Coup Cookbook, to comply with the restrictions of the Wild Rose Cleanse. It doesn't look much like the original recipe though, because ~10% of the ingredients are cleanse friendly. Whatevs, I say we do how we do, yo.
Peanuts (have a natural occurring yeast) and Soy Sauce (fermented) are both no-nos, so I've substituted them out of the original recipe.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 500ml Almond Butter (I used Raw, but regular would work just as well)
- 500ml Water
- 120ish ml Braggs
- Multitudinous cloves of garlic
- 1 can coconut milk
- Cayenne to taste (I actually forgot to put this in, which is weird for me because OM NOM SPICY!)
WHAT YOU DO
- Mix the almond butter and water together until smooth
- DO NOT BURN THE ALMOND BUTTER
- Add all the other things
Above I smothered quinoa, tofu, and roasted sweet potato in the sauce and topped with sprouts and black pepper.
DISCLAIMER:
This recipe makes so much sauce you guys. SO MUCH SAUCE. I've eaten it thrice so far and shared it with 4 other people and I still have sauce left in my fridge.
Ratio is really important though, and what am I going to do with half a can of coconut milk you know?
No comments:
Post a Comment