8.26.2010

Potato Pancakes, People

This morning I woke up at the crack of noon with a craving for two thing; hashbrowns and pancakes. So I settled for the best of both worlds. Potato Pancakes! My family has a variety of fresh herbs growing in pots on our veranda, but the seasons are changing and they won't be there for long so I just had to take advantage of the fresh rosemary. I used this basic recipe, subbed the white flour for chick pea flour, added cayenne instead of black pepper and added a generous helping of rosemary before frying them up over medium heat in a skillet.

Serve it up with some applesauce and hot sauce


 Instead of the suggested egg replacer I used one of my favourite foods ever: Flax! For those of you who don't know, Flax is actually made out of pure Himalayan grown MAGIC. Not only is it a fantasmical vegan source of Omega-3 and Omega-6 polyunsaturated fats, it has amazing binding properties. Simply blend 1 tablespoon of flax seeds with 3 of water per egg you want to replace. Be warned though, it does have a distinctive 'flax' taste so it only works in certain foods, but it works perfectly in potato pancakes. 

Next time I'm going to try sweet potatoes, delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment